Job ID 2862
BALIK KAANYAG seeks to recruit a dynamic full-time clinician (licenced Psychologist or Social Worker) highly committed to serve vulnerable and abused children, who will establish and lead the clinical work of the center located in a beautiful rural area just outside Villanueva Misamis Oriental, scheduled to open its services in September/ October 2023. The successful applicant will work directly with children and adults as well as authorities and other stakeholders.
In full alignment with the vision, mission, and philosophy of the agency, the jobholder, with limited supervision and in a start-up context, will, among others:
- Provide comprehensive assessments, treatment planning, risk assessment, clinical interventions, case management, and coordination of therapeutic activities in the community.
- Provide quality patient care via individual, family and group therapy, and the discharge planning process, including through the use of strength-based family centered methodology, and develop creative methods to ensure individualized care.
- Facilitate and coordinate the development of individualized services for children and families/ caregivers, while supporting their efforts in the design and implementation of evidence-based treatment and incorporating different perspectives in action plans and strategies to help children stabilize in a placement and connect them with a permanent setting.
- Ensure that documentation and maintenance of clinical records is completed per agency standards and legal requirements.
- Partner with families/ caregivers to ensure parent voice, choice, access and participation with focus on individual strengths/concerns/needs, and help link parents, youth, and staff when a crisis arises, and integrate internal and external customers’ concerns, needs, and expectations into planning process.
- Participate effectively in internal and external multidisciplinary clinical teams including the Child and Family Team (CFT).
- Assist TBRI practitioner and other team members to develop strength-based interventions and strategies which include plans for transition to primary caregiver.
- Provide meeting minutes to all Child and Family Team (CFT) members and facilitates communication plans to support on-going inclusion and accountability of all team members.
- Provide effective therapeutic linkages with referral sources, collateral contacts, community resources and program staff.
- Monitor effectiveness and efficiency of interventions with youth and families.
- Complete assessments and evaluations that are culturally relevant and appropriate to youth and family strengths and needs, including identification of target behaviors and the function of those target behaviors.
- Play an active role in implementing other therapy center activities such as children camps.